Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mango Bread Pudding...Perfect End of Summer Dessert



Mango...the messiest fruit EVER! So what better way to eat it than in bread pudding...where it is chopped up and the juices aren't running down your arm haha. I saw this recipe and it just looked sooo good to me that I had to try it. This bread pudding is delightfully delicious... my taste buds are very very happy :-)



3 large Eggs
2 cups whole milk (I actually used reduced fat milk)
1.5 cups sugar
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1.5 lbs. brioche bread, diced (found at Whole Foods, did not use all 1.5 lbs,
just seemed like too much...up to you)
2 cups ripe mango, finely diced (2 mangos = 2 cups, but I wish I would have used 3 mangos)
1 tbsp. butter, melted

Lightly butter 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish or individual ramekins. Whisk eggs in large bowl to blend. Add milk, sugar, and vanilla; whisk to blend well. Stir in bread and mango and melted butter. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Preheat over 350F. Bake pudding uncovered until puffed and golden, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm.

Makes 6-8 servings

Recipe from Puerto Rican Chef Carmen Gonzalez on Latina Magazine August 2011 issue.

{images by Me}

Enjoy!

XoXo

Iris

2 comments:

  1. OMG! This looks sooo delicious. I love bread pudding but never thought of using mangos. Sometime, I will share my recipe of bread pudding with whiskey sauce. Talk about rich! Your recipe is healthier than mine would have been!

    Now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy!

    I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm taking part in the bloggers wardrobe competition! please vote for me by liking:

    1. facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe

    2. facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210022279058096&set=a.210019082391749.53433.199739743419683&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete