Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh, How Do I Love Thee...

IKAT. This beautiful fabric. pattern. weave. is so traditional and classic. Ikat (pronounced ee-kat) is the method of weaving that uses a process similar to tie-dye that is used in so many cultures. South American. Central American. South East Asian, to mention a few.

Circle Ikat fabric found at www.spoonflower.com

Gorgeous classic Ikat pattern.

Love these fun pillows...adds a little spice to any room.


I love the different patterns in this room.


Perfect Ikat upholstered bench with a large mirror in the back. And the drum table with the pop of color from the flowers really complete the room.

I remember quickly passing by this photo about a year ago at a magazine stand and could not remember which magazine it was from...BUT here it is, I found it....and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I absolutely adore everything about this space...I want to copy it ALL, including the adorable pooches. OK that's it, I'm transforming my office to look like this. {last 3 photos from ELLE Decor}



Modern Vintage space with a pop of IKAT


Beautiful Madeline Weinrib Rug.


Go BIG with an Ikat reupholstered sofa..works perfectly in the black and white pattern. {image from thisbautdesign.com}


Check out what Jenny from Little Green Notebook blog did with a console table. I Love and may do this myself:-)


And how Chic does Heidi Klum look (as always) in this Ikat pattern dress?

So start searching for that perfect Ikat fabric and start sewing up some pillows or a console table cover (like I might do) :-)

XoXo,

Iris

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such a great and very beautiful post. I really like the way you manage your post, every picture is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. It is really a very nice blog. I am glad to be here. Thank you so much for sharing. ikat fabrics by the yard

    ReplyDelete